Just saw this on a couple of blogs I read but I think it is originally from the Huffington Post so here it is:
10 warning signs that you may be addicted to Facebook
1. Facebook is your home page.
2. You update your status more than twice a day.
3. You have over 500 “friends” half of whom you’ve never actually met.
4. As soon as you step away from your computer you’re on FB on your phone.
5. You are a FB stalker. You qualify as a FB stalker if you
a) click on someone’s profile more than once a day even if they haven’t messaged or tagged you in a photo.
b) have dragged and dropped more than 3 FB photos (not from your own profile)
c) actually go to a place mentioned on someone’s page in hopes of seeing them in real life…creepy!
6. You change your profile picture more than a 12-year=old girl.
7. You have checked your FB page while reading this article.
8. You clean up your “wall” so it looks like you spend less time on FB.
9. You are a member of more than 10 groups and respond to every event invitation “attending” even if you have no intention of going.
10. You change your relationship status just to mess with people.
I think it is safe to say that I know a couple of people who would most certainly qualify as addicted. I definitely know that an old roommate qualifies for #9, while maybe a kid or two from those that I coach soccer are guilty of #5. I don’t think I know anyone with sympton #1 although if you would like to admit it, I would most certainly like to know.
I don’t think even at my worst I qualified for any of these 10 which is probably a very healthy sign. How did you hold up in this?