I was putting together a bucket list earlier which I will post once it is fully developed later on this summer and someone mentioned to me that going to all the sports arenas and stadiums should be one of the items on that list. That got me into thinking exactly how many of those places I have seen myself.
The list is a little bit longer than I would have originally thought it to be although it includes not only the places I have actually seen a game (indicated in bold) but also the stadiums/arenas that I have seen in person but didn’t necessarily watch a game there. The current list stands at 39 sporting venues, which includes repeats such as Air Canada Centre and Madison Square Garden as they play host to multiple professional teams, or 32 unique ones. Those venues span over 9 states, 1 province and two different countries.
A few rules to counting the sporting venues:
- It counts as long as you physically saw it in person whether for a few seconds or were actually inside the stadium.
- Repeats count but just have a separate unique list
- Old Stadiums still count as long as they were playing host to the professional team at the time of your visit.
- Venues of professional teams only, College and Minor League stadiums/arenas do NOT count.
- Venues must be located in North America.
I have attended events in 12 of those venues which comprise of 5 baseball stadiums, 3 hockey arenas, 2 basketball stadiums, 1 soccer field and boxing match.
I’m hoping to add a couple when I am in Dallas this summer with the Mavericks, Rangers, Cowboys and Stars but I’m not sure how much time I will actually have but that is definitely on the to-do list.
I’m sure there are plenty of you out there with a longer list than me, let me see them or if you have done more in a single sport, let me know!
Sport (Physically Seen – Attended Game)
Major League Baseball (13 – 5):
– Rogers Centre (Blue Jays)
– Yankee Stadium (Yankees)
– New Yankee Stadium (Yankees)
– Fenway Park (Red Sox)
– Camden Yards (Orioles)
– Wrigley Field (Cubs)
– Comiskey Park (White Sox)
– Citizens Bank Ballpark (Phillies)
– Nationals Park (Nationals)
– Citi Field (Mets)
– Shea Stadium (Mets)
– Three Rivers Stadium (Pirates)
– Jacobs Field (Indians)
National Hockey League (9 – 3):
– Air Canada Centre (Leafs)
– Maple Leafs Garden (Leafs)
– Madison Square Garden (Rangers)
– Prudential Center (Devils)
– Wells Fargo Center (Flyers)
– TD Garden (Bruins)
– Verizon Center (Capitals)
– United Center (Blackhawks)
– HSBC Arena (Sabers)
National Football League (7 – 0):
– Giants Stadium (Jets / Giants)
– Soldiers Field (Bears)
– Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles)
– M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens)
– EverBank Field (Jaguars)
– Ralph Wilson Stadium (Bills)
– Three Rivers Stadium (Steelers)
National Basketball Association (6 – 2):
– Air Canada Centre (Raptors)
– Madison Square Garden (Knicks)
– IZOD Center (Nets)
– Wells Fargo Center (76ers)
– TD Garden (Celtics)
– United Center (Bulls)
Major League Soccer (2 – 1):
– BMO Field (Toronto FC)
– Red Bull Arena (Red Bull)
Boxing (1 – 1):
– Prudential Center (Welterweight)
Horse Racing (1 – 0):
– Belmont Park (Triple Crown, 3rd Leg)