It took a ridiculously long time for MMS to be enabled on the iPhone but it is finally here. Here’s how to enable it on your phone if you haven’t done it yet.
1. Download iTunes 9.0.1 (if you don’t already have it).
2. Connect your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS to your computer and open iTunes.
3. Once the iPhone MMS update is available, you will see the following message on iTunes: “An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to install it now?“. Click “Update Settings“.
4. After you click “Update Settings“, iTunes will show the following message: “Your iPhone carrier settings were updated successfully“. Click “Ok“.
5. Reboot your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS. Hold down your power button until the Slide to Power off button appears, slide to power off. When your iPhone is off, press the power button to turn it on again.
You should now have MMS on your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS!
Note: This won’t work on the iPhone 2G.