Apologizes for the broken links around the blog currently but I recently upgraded to WordPress 2.9 and everything but the individual posts have transferred over. Trying to figure out what went wrong and have it fixed as soon as possible.
Hopefully, it doesn’t take too long.
[EDIT] Well that didn’t take very long and a lot of thanks to Brian Feraudo, Evan Raffel and Don Campbell.
Anyone else seeming to have trouble upgrading from WordPress 2.8.6 to 2.9 should certainly follow this link. It is quite useful: What I Learned Upgrading to WordPress 2.9.
For quite a longest time, I had suffered from what seemed to be random “error 500” messages that would appear when I was updating a plugin on my blog or even when I wanted to upload some stuff on to it. I thought maybe it was something with WordPress following an update, then I thought it was my hosting provider (1and1 – which has been a really awesome host) but today I think I might have finally found a solution.
Many thanks to Sascha at Design For Unity where I found the solution but it was rather simple. Hopefully it continues to work. If you are having the same problem, just follow the steps below:
1. Open the .htaccess file in your root folder. If no such file exists, just create a blank notepad file and save it as “.htaccess”. Make sure there is no .txt appended to the end of the file name, just “.htaccess”.
2. Add these lines in the file:
Options All -Indexes
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php
3. Save and hopefully everything should be working now.