I know YES showed footage of the same guy in the stands today signing his autograph on balls and papers to other fans… really? This is just a fan but are people that desperate to get someone’s autograph?
Anyone wanna calculate the odds of this happening? I can say I have been a fair share of baseball games and I did catch a batting practice homerun but nothing during a game, nevermind on back-to-back days.
I took a further look into this guy (Zack Hample) online and turns out he is quite famous regarding his ball-getting ability at baseball games. Too bad he had to get all sophisticated over the ball-catching otherwise it would have been quite a feat.
Here are some of his stats:
• 7 balls at this game
• 481 balls in 62 games this season = 7.8 balls per game.
• 558 consecutive games with at least one ball
• 124 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium with at least one ball
• 11 game balls this season (not counting game-used balls that get tossed into the crowd)
• 3 game home run balls this season (all of which were caught on a fly at Yankee Stadium)
• 122 lifetime game balls (115 foul balls, 6 home runs, 1 ground-rule double)
• 20 lifetime game balls at Yankee Stadium
• 3,758 total balls